This gorgeous fuchsia red beet juice is made with ingredients like roasted beets, strawberries, dragon fruit, avocado and fresh squeezed orange juice. It’s an excellent choice for a quick blender juice that the whole family will enjoy!
Around this time of year I’m always looking for ways to increase the amount of vitamins I’m consuming. It’s the dead of winter here in Minnesota and we’re all in a global pandemic so staying healthy has been a top priority. One easy way to increase my intake of vitamins and minerals is making homemade healthy juices and smoothies. That’s how the recipe for this Beet Juice Smoothie came about.
I happen to love beets but often forget to incorporate them in my diet. They are usually easy to find at the grocery store in the fresh produce aisle but I often would skip past them. But not any more! This beet juice smoothie has now become a favorite recipe at our house. It’s simple to make and doesn’t require anything besides a high powered blender. No juicer needed here!
Can we talk about the vibrant red fuchsia color for just a minute? It’s so pretty!! Not only is it a healthy drink but it also looks stunning in a glass. I also wanted to mention, Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and this beet juice smoothie would be a very pretty and delicious addition to your V-Day menu!
Beet Juice Smoothie Ingredients
- Roasted beets, peeled and cubed (see notes below on how to roast fresh beets or you can buy already prepared beets at some grocery stores)
- Strawberries, fresh or frozen
- Dragon fruit, fresh or frozen
- Fresh orange juice
- Almond milk
- Maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Flaxseed (optional)
How To Roast Beets
You can buy already roasted beets at the grocery store but I prefer to roast my own beets. It’s very simple! Store the roasted beets in the fridge until ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Wash your beets then cut the green tops off.
- Wrap the beets in aluminum foil and place on a cookie sheet or oven safe dish.
- Cook for 50-60 mins. The beets are done when you can easily insert a knife in the center.
- Let cool enough to handle and then rub the skin off. That’s it!
Where To Buy Dragon Fruit
Another reason to love this beet juice smoothie recipe is the fact it has dragon fruit in it! I rarely have dragon fruit but it’s such an underestimated fruit, in my opinion. It’s also packed with so many good nutrients! But you might be wondering, where do I find dragon fruit? In this recipe I use frozen dragon fruit chunks. I found them in the freezer section at Target. You can also find fresh dragon fruit at some grocery stores.
Beet Juice Smoothie
- ¼ cup roasted beets peeled and cubed
- ¼ cup strawberries frozen
- ¼ cup dragon fruit frozen and cubed
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- ¼ avocado
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ground flaxseed optional
- Wash any fresh produce and prepare fresh beets as outlined above (How to Roast Beets).
- Add all ingredients to your blender and blend on high until smooth and no chunks are left.
- Enjoy immediately or store in the fridge for up to a day.