This gorgeous fuchsia red beet juice is made with nutritious ingredients like roasted beets, strawberries, dragon fruit, avocado and fresh squeezed orange juice. It’s an excellent choice for a quick blender juice that the whole family will enjoy!
Beet Juice Recipe
Around this time of year I’m always looking for ways to increase the amount of vitamins I’m consuming. Whether it’s winter or summer though, staying healthy has been a top priority of mine. One easy way to increase my intake of vitamins and minerals is by making homemade juices and smoothies. That’s how the recipe for this beet juice smoothie came about.
I happen to love beets but often forget to incorporate them in my diet. They are usually easy to find at the grocery store in the fresh produce aisle but I often would skip past them. But not any more! Beets are surprisingly easy to incorporate into smoothies and they’ll turn any drink into a beautiful bright fuchsia color. So whether you’re in the mood for some extra nutrients or you want to make a themed pink Valentine’s snack, this beet juice smoothie is exactly the recipe for you.
Beet Juice Smoothie Ingredients
- Beets: Of course we can’t have beet juice without the beets! I prefer to buy fresh beets and roast them at home to add to smoothies. I’ll go over how to roast beets in the section below. Jared roasted beets or frozen beet chunks can usually be found at the grocery store also if you prefer to use them instead.
- Dragon Fruit: You can use either fresh or frozen dragon fruit. I find it harder to find dragon fruit fresh so I usually opt for frozen.
- Strawberries: One of my favorite ingredients to add to smoothies.
- Orange Juice: The flavors of beets and oranges go together quite well! I prefer to use fresh squeezed orange juice so there isn’t any added sugars.
- Avocado: The avocado adds a creaminess to this beet smoothie without much flavor.
- Almond Milk: I prefer to use almond milk for a dairy free milk but you can use regular or oat milk if you’d like.
- Maple Syrup: This is the sweetener but you can use honey instead if preferred.
- Vanilla Extract: For a touch of vanilla flavoring.
- Ground Flaxseed: Added for some extra fiber but it is optional.
How To Roast Beets
Like I mentioned previously, there are frozen or roasted beets you can find at the grocery store sometimes but you can also roast beets at home. It’s pretty simple and usually is more budget friendly to roast the beets yourself. Store the roasted beets in the fridge or the freezer until ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Wash your beets then cut the green tops off.
- Wrap the beets in aluminum foil and place on a cookie sheet or oven safe dish.
- Cook for 50-60 mins. The beets are done when you can easily insert a knife in the center.
- Let cool enough to handle and then rub the skin off. That’s it!
Where To Buy Dragon Fruit
Another reason to love this beet juice smoothie recipe is the fact it has dragon fruit in it! I rarely have dragon fruit but it’s such an underestimated fruit, in my opinion. It’s also packed with healthy nutrients! But you might be wondering, where do I find dragon fruit? In this recipe I use frozen dragon fruit chunks. I found them in the freezer section at Target. You can also find fresh dragon fruit at some grocery stores. If you can’t find dragon fruit, substitute it with a few more strawberries.
More Smoothie Recipes To Try!
As always, I love hearing from you. Please leave a comment below or tag @withsweethoney on Instagram if you’ve tried any of my recipes!
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting With Sweet Honey!
Beet Juice Smoothie
- ¼ cup beets peeled, cubed and roasted
- ¼ cup strawberries frozen or fresh
- ¼ cup dragon fruit frozen cubed
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- ¼ avocado
- 1 cup almond milk or any milk you prefer
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ground flaxseed optional
- Wash any fresh produce and prepare fresh beets as outlined above (How to Roast Beets).
- Add all ingredients to your blender and blend on high until smooth and no chunks are left.
- Enjoy immediately or store in the fridge for up to a day.