Delicious gluten free blondies drizzled with peanut butter espresso. Vanilla, peanut butter and espresso all came together to make this irresistible blondie dessert! They can be made dairy free and vegan too!
Chocolate is great, don’t get me wrong, but there is a time and place for vanilla. And that time is now! These peanut butter espresso blondies steal the spotlight because they are full of delicious vanilla flavor and drizzled with peanut butter espresso. It makes my mouth water just thinking about them.
These soft blondies are so easy to make too and happen to be gluten free with options of dairy free and vegan.
Ingredients in Blondies With Espresso Peanut Butter
- Gluten free flour: I use all purpose 1-to-1 gluten free flour for this recipe.
- Baking soda: To help with the baking process.
- Brown sugar: You could also try using coconut sugar instead but you may need to add a bit more to the recipe. I haven’t tried it yet using coconut sugar so let me know if you do.
- Butter: I used vegan dairy free butter but use what you are used to. Also make sure the butter is softened but not melted. Soften the butter by leaving it out on the counter before baking.
- Egg: If you want to make this recipe vegan, you can sub the egg with a flax egg.
- Vanilla extract: There is 1 tablespoon of delicious vanilla flavoring in this recipe.
- Sea salt: and just a bit of salt to balance the sweetness.
- Espresso powder: I use this type of espresso powder found on Amazon.
- Peanut butter: Use a creamy peanut butter for this drizzle.
How to make gluten free blondies
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350°F, grease an 8x8 pan and line with parchment paper.
Step 2: In a medium bowl, mix the flour and baking soda together.
Step 3: Then beat the softened butter, brown sugar, egg, vanilla extract, and salt together until creamy. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
Step 4: Pour the blondie batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 15-18 mins until a toothpick comes out clean.Step 5: To make the peanut butter espresso drizzle: In a small saucepan, heat the peanut butter on low. Mix in the espresso powder and remove from heat. Once the blondies are out of the oven, drizzle with the peanut butter espresso mixture.
Can I make them vegan?
Yes! Just make sure your butter is vegan and replace the egg with one flax egg instead.
How to store blondies with espresso peanut butter
Store these peanut butter espresso blondies on the counter for 2 days or in the fridge for 3 days. You can freeze the blondies for up to 2 months but I wouldn’t put the drizzle on them until unthawed.
More dessert recipes:
- Gluten Free Apple Crisp
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Gluten Free Zucchini Coffee Cake
- Flourless Monster Cookies
If you’ve tried this recipe or others, let us know in the comments below! We always love hearing from you. Feel free to follow along on Instagram and Pinterest where we share more recipes and food photography!
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting With Sweet Honey!
Blondies With Espresso Peanut Butter (Gluten Free)
- 1-¼ cup gluten free 1-to-1 flour
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup vegan butter, softened (could use regular)
- 1 egg (could use 1 flax egg)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, grease an 8x8 pan and line with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour and baking soda together.
- Then beat the softened butter, brown sugar, egg, vanilla extract, and salt together until creamy. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Pour the blondie batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 15-18 mins until a toothpick comes out clean.
- To make the peanut butter espresso drizzle: In a small saucepan, heat the peanut butter on low. Mix in the espresso powder and remove from heat. Once the blondies are out of the oven, drizzle with the peanut butter espresso mixture.