Get ready for a delicious twist on a classic favorite - the BLT Chicken Salad! This recipe is made with mayo, bacon, tomatoes, and pickled red onions that come together to create a chicken salad with the flavors of a BLT sandwich. Perfect meal prep recipe and a staple for lunch.
What's Great About This Recipe
- Quick - It can be made quickly especially if you pre-cook the chicken and bacon. Mix all of the ingredients together for a simple protein-packed meal!
- Versatile - This chicken salad can be enjoyed in various ways - as a sandwich filling, over a bed of greens, or even as a dip with crackers or vegetable sticks.
- Crowd-Pleaser - Prepare this BLT chicken salad in advance and serve it at picnics, potlucks, or any social gathering.
There are only a few ingredients needed for this easy BLT chicken salad recipe.
- chicken - Just 2 cups of shredded or chopped chicken is needed for this recipe. You can use chicken breasts or meat from whole chicken. To save on time, you can use leftover shredded chicken or rotisserie chicken.
- mayonnaise - You can use whatever mayonnaise you prefer. I like to use Primal Kitchen avocado oil mayo.
- bacon - Use whatever type of bacon you prefer. Cook the bacon until crispy and chop into smaller pieces to mix into the salad.
- cherry tomatoes - The small cherry tomatoes are perfect for this chicken salad because they are bite sized when cut in half or fourths.
- red onion - The recipe calls for quick pickled red onions, which are so simple to make and I have an entire recipe on how to make them. But if you don’t want to use pickled red onions, you can substitute them for regular raw red onions.
- spinach - I like to add the spinach mixed into the salad but you can also leave it out until ready to serve.
- garlic powder - For added garlic flavor.
- salt and pepper - Adjust the amounts used based on preference. I recommend mixing the salad together and then tasting it to see if you need to adjust any flavors.
How To Make
Step 1: Add the chicken, mayo, bacon, tomatoes, red onions, spinach, garlic powder, salt and pepper into a large bowl. Mix to combine.
Step 2: Taste the chicken salad and see if the salt and pepper need adjusting.
Step 3: Serve right or let it chill in the fridge. Serve with bread, crackers, wrap or salad greens.
Recipe Notes And Substitutions
- Meal Prep - For easy meal prep, cook the chicken ahead of time along with the bacon. Then assembling the chicken salad will be a breeze and only take a few minutes. This chicken salad will last in the fridge for up to 5 days, making it great for lunches throughout the week.
- Chicken - Feel free to use rotisserie chicken or a mix of light and dark chicken meat. You can also substitute the chicken with canned light chunk tuna if desired.
- Paleo - You can make this recipe paleo friendly by choosing ingredients that are allowed. Just double check the ingredients in the bacon and mayo to make sure they are compliant with the paleo diet.
How To Serve Chicken Salad
Serve BLT chicken salad with crackers, bread or in a wrap. Choose a lighter option with serving on a bed of mixed greens or on its own. That is one of the best things about chicken salad, it is so versatile!
How To Store
Store leftover BLT chicken salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
More Chicken Salad Recipes
If you’ve enjoyed this recipe or have a question, please leave a review and comment below! Also feel free to tag @withsweethoney on Instagram!
If you’d like to stay in the know about all things With Sweet Honey, please consider subscribing to our newsletter!
BLT Chicken Salad
- Add the chicken, mayo, bacon, tomatoes, red onions, spinach, garlic powder, salt and pepper into a large bowl. Mix to combine.
- Taste the chicken salad and see if the salt and pepper need adjusting.
- Serve right or let it chill in the fridge. Serve with bread, crackers, wrap or salad greens.