This creamy dairy free blueberry matcha smoothie will leave you feeling refreshed and energized for the day. Perfect for breakfast or afternoon pick-me-up.
Have you tried matcha yet? In case you didn’t know, matcha is basically green tea in powdered form. This makes it perfect, in my opinion, for adding to smoothies. This simple dairy free blueberry matcha smoothie is great for breakfast or an afternoon snack!
Ingredients for Blueberry Matcha Smoothie
- Blueberries: I prefer using frozen blueberries in this recipe so it makes the drink cold but you could use fresh if that’s all you have. The drink is best cold, so I would stick it in the fridge for a few minutes if using fresh fruit or try blending with ice cubes.
- Spinach: I love adding spinach to smoothies. It’s a great way to get more vegetables in your diet.
- Avocado: Avocado is my secret weapon when it comes to smoothies. It might sound weird to add avocado but it makes this drink so smooth and creamy. You won’t even taste it, I promise!
- Vanilla Almond Milk: You can use any milk you have on hand. If it’s not vanilla, I would add ½ tsp of vanilla extract to this recipe.
- Matcha Powder: A little bit of matcha powder goes a long way. Matcha contains caffeine so be aware if trying to limit your intake.
- Honey: this is the sweetener in the smoothie. You could also try adding maple syrup instead if you don’t have honey on hand. Add more or less depending on your sweetness preference.
Looking for more blueberry recipes?
- Lemon Blueberry Cookies
- Blueberry Pie Chia Pudding
- Baked Blueberry Lemon Donuts
- Blueberry Banana Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Blueberry Vanilla Granola
Well there you have it, I hope you enjoyed this blueberry matcha smoothie recipe. Let me know in the comments below if you tried it! Also feel free to follow along on Instagram and Pinterest for more With Sweet Honey content. Do you have an email? Join our newsletter for more behind-the-scenes and up to date information.
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting With Sweet Honey!
Blueberry Matcha Smoothie (Dairy Free)
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- ½ cup spinach
- ½ avocado
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 1 tsp honey (add more for sweeter)
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender or food processor. Blend on high until smooth and creamy. Enjoy!