I don’t know how you do it at your BBQs but I’m betting broccoli salad is part of your menu. Or at least it should be! It’s a summer salad staple around here and this healthy broccoli salad with honey dijon dressing is my absolute favorite recipe for this classic side. There isn’t any mayo or sour cream and it’s dairy free, paleo, and SCD friendly!
Ingredients for Broccoli Salad with Honey Dijon Dressing
I kept the ingredients to this broccoli salad pretty straightforward and simple. There is room for you to add more mix-ins if you want though (see below for ways to customize) but I find it doesn’t really need that many ingredients to taste delicious.
For the Broccoli Salad:
- Red Onion
- Red Cabbage
For the Honey Dijon Dressing:
- Dijon Mustard
- Olive Oil
- Apple Cider Vinegar
How to make homemade broccoli salad
Step 1: In a medium bowl, add the chopped broccoli, bacon (optional), red onion, red cabbage, and carrots. Stir and set aside.
Step 2: Next, make the dressing for the salad. Whisk together the dijon mustard, olive oil, honey, apple cider vinegar, minced garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
Step 3: Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to cover evenly. Serve immediately or refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. Keep refrigerated.
Can I use the dressing for other recipes?
The honey dijon dressing is also a delicious salad dressing on its own. Sometimes I will mix up a larger batch of the dressing and store it in the fridge. Feel free to use it on other types of green salads.
Additional mix-ins for the broccoli salad
Like I mentioned previously, I like to keep this broccoli salad pretty simple. With few ingredients, it’s easy to make before a gathering or cookout. But if you did want to add a little extra ingredients, I’d recommend trying sunflower seeds, pecans, feta or dried cranberries. Let me know in the comments below if you tried any of these, I’d love to hear how it turned out!
Other delicious recipes to try!
- Easy Buffalo Chickpea Wraps
- Stuffed Sweet Potato Tacos
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts with Kale and Apple
- Carnitas Burrito Bowls
- Buffalo Turkey Meatballs
Did you love this recipe? I want to hear from you! Please leave a rating or comment below and let me know how it turned out! Also follow along on Instagram and Pinterest for more With Sweet Honey content.
If you’d like to stay in the know about all things With Sweet Honey, please consider subscribing to our newsletter!
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting With Sweet Honey!
Broccoli Salad with Honey Dijon Dressing
- 1 head broccoli chopped into bite sized pieces
- 4 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- ¼ cup red onion chopped
- ¼ cup red cabbage chopped into slivers
- ¼ cup carrots shredded
Honey Dijon Dressing
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, add the chopped broccoli, bacon, red onion, red cabbage, and carrots. Stir and set aside.
- Next, make the dressing for the salad. Whisk together the dijon mustard, olive oil, honey, apple cider vinegar, minced garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to cover evenly. Serve immediately or refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. Keep refrigerated.
- You could add dried cranberries or sunflower seeds to the salad for additional options.
- Store salad in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.