This creamy Chocolate Protein Pudding is dairy free and perfect for a healthy snack or dessert. Made simply with ripe avocado, protein powder, and lightly sweetened with maple syrup.
Homemade Chocolate Protein Pudding
For a healthy snack, this chocolate protein pudding is hard to beat! It comes together in less than 5 minutes and is a bit more fun than a plain protein drink.
I know a lot of us are looking for easy ways to add more protein to our diet. Smoothies are great but protein pudding is another simple and healthy option that I wanted to share today.
Store bought pudding can come with some unhealthy ingredients and added sugars. This homemade pudding is actually very simple to make and uses whole ingredients like avocado, almond milk, maple syrup and protein powder. It’s also completely dairy free!
- Avocado: The avocado is the base for this pudding. It provides a creamy texture that is generally neutral in flavor. Use one avocado per serving.
- Protein Powder: I like to use a plant based chocolate protein powder but you can use whatever you like.
- Milk: I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Feel free to use whatever milk you prefer. The milk helps thin the pudding so add more or less depending on the consistency you desire.
- Maple Syrup: Depending on how sweet your protein powder is will determine how much maple syrup you’ll want to add. Generally I suggest using 1-2 tablespoons for desired sweetness.
- Vanilla Extract: Just a little touch of vanilla to add more flavor.
How To Make Protein Pudding
Simply add all of the pudding ingredients into a blender or food processor. Blend on high for 1 minute or until smooth. Scrape down sides with a spatula if needed.
Add the pudding to a small bowl or jar. Enjoy at room temperature or chill in the fridge for a few minutes. You can also serve with coconut whipped cream and fresh berries.
More Pudding Flavor Options
Peanut Butter: You can add a few tablespoons of peanut butter for an extra treat. Just blend the peanut butter with the other ingredients for a chocolate peanut butter protein pudding snack.
More snacks to try!
- Frozen Yogurt Bark with Strawberries
- No Bake Almond Joy Oat Cups
- Raspberry Energy Balls
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles
If you’d like to stay in the know about all things With Sweet Honey, please consider subscribing to our newsletter!
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting With Sweet Honey!
Chocolate Protein Pudding
- 1 Blender
- 1 ripe avocado pit removed
- 2 tablespoon chocolate protein powder
- ¼ cup almond milk unsweetened vanilla
- 1-2 tablespoon maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add all of the pudding ingredients into a blender or food processor. Blend on high for 1 minute or until smooth. Scrape down sides with a spatula if needed.
- Place the pudding in a small bowl or jar. Enjoy at room temperature or chill in the fridge for a few minutes. You can also serve with coconut whipped cream and fresh berries.