These incredibly easy buffalo chickpea wraps are topped with healthy vegetables like carrots, avocado, pickled red onions and spinach. The perfect lunch to bring to work or have throughout the week. Made with gluten free wraps and vegan friendly ingredients!
Easy 10-Minute Meal
So when I say these are easy to make, I mean it! In under 10-minutes, you are going to have a flavorful wrap that is packed with veggies and protein. It’s also budget friendly too! Grocery prices have been on the rise and I wanted to keep budget in mind with this recipe. If you’re like me, you probably already have a few cans of chickpeas in the pantry and hot sauce in the fridge. Only a few more affordable ingredients and fresh veggies needed for this tasty wrap recipe.
Reasons You’ll Love This Recipe
- No bake: The main protein in these buffalo wraps are chickpeas. No baking, sautéing, or grilling required!
- 10-minute meal: With no need for cooking or baking, this recipe comes together in under 10-minutes.
- Simple ingredients: The ingredient list is straight-forward and includes a lot of things you might already have. It’s also easy to customize the wrap toppings if you want to use up veggies in your fridge.
- Use as a dip: In addition to using the buffalo chickpea mixture in wraps, it also makes a tasty buffalo dip! Grab your favorite crackers or chips!
Ingredients for Easy Buffalo Chickpea Wraps
- Chickpeas: The main protein ingredient in these wraps. Make sure to rinse and drain the can of chickpeas before using. To dry the chickpeas, just pat them with a paper towel to soak up any extra water.
- Hot Sauce: I love using Frank's RedHot Original but you can use what you have on hand. Feel free to adjust the amount of hot sauce depending on your spice preference.
- Sour Cream: I use dairy free, vegan sour cream but regular can work here if you prefer.
- Paprika: If you don’t have paprika, you could substitute cayenne pepper but you may want to use less since it is slightly stronger in flavor.
- Salt & Pepper: Taste and adjust to your liking.
- Carrots: Shredded carrots add a tasty addition to these buffalo chickpea wraps. An easy way to shred carrots quickly is using a food processor with the grater blade attachment.
- Avocado: Avocado slices to add creaminess and healthy fat to the wraps.
- Pickled Red Onions: Pickled red onions are simple to make but they can also be found at some grocery stores. If you wanted a substitute, I’d use fresh red onions instead.
- Spinach: Spinach is a healthy green and easy to add to any wrap, especially this one.
- Wraps: I recommend using an 8-inch tortilla for this recipe. I prefer to use gluten free wraps but you can use whatever type of wrap you like. You could also use lettuce wraps instead.
Make the chickpea mixture: Drain and rinse the chickpeas. (Optional) pat the chickpeas dry with a paper towel. In a medium bowl, mash the chickpeas using a fork. Add the hot sauce, sour cream, paprika, salt and pepper. Mix to combine.
Assemble the wraps: Place tortillas on a plate and add a layer of the buffalo chickpea mixture. Layer with the carrots, avocado, pickled red onions, and spinach.
Serve: Wrap tightly like a burrito and serve with additional hot sauce if desired. Enjoy!
Additional Add-in Ideas
Add cheese: If you want to add additional creaminess, you could sprinkle blue cheese, feta or crumbled goat cheese on top.
Switch up the protein: You could use cooked shredded chicken or ground turkey in addition to or instead of the chickpeas.
More veggies: For added crunch, try adding cucumber slices or chopped bell pepper.
How To Store Buffalo Chickpea Wraps
The chickpea mixture can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.
I recommend assembling the wraps when ready to serve so the wraps don’t get soggy. But they can usually be stored assembled in the fridge for up to a day without any issue.
More Lunch Recipes:
- Spicy Sesame Peanut Zucchini Noodles
- Healthy No Mayo Tuna Salad
- Whole30 Sloppy Joes
- Easy Veggie Hummus Sandwich
- Easy Spicy Honey Garlic Shrimp
If you’ve tried this recipe or others, let us know in the comments below! We always love hearing from you. Also feel free to follow along on Instagram and Pinterest where we share more recipes and food photography!
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting With Sweet Honey!
Easy Buffalo Chickpea Wraps
- mixing bowl
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained (15 oz)
- 3 tbsp hot sauce (I use Frank's RedHot Original)
- 3 tbsp dairy free sour cream (or you could use regular sour cream if preferred)
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ⅛ tsp ground pepper
- ½ cup shredded carrots (about 1 large carrot)
- 1 avocado sliced
- ¼ cup pickled red onions
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 4 8-inch wraps (I use gluten free)
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas. (Optional) pat the chickpeas dry with a paper towel.
- In a medium bowl, mash the chickpeas using a fork. Add the hot sauce, sour cream, paprika, salt and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Place tortillas on a plate and add a layer of the buffalo chickpea mixture. Layer with the carrots, avocado, pickled red onions, and spinach.
- Wrap tightly like a burrito and serve with additional hot sauce if desired. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply