This easy rotisserie chicken salad is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser. Whether you're looking for a light lunch or a flavorful dinner option, this recipe will become your go-to choice. Made with protein-packed chicken, mayo, dill pickles, green onion and stone ground mustard.
This chicken salad is gluten free, dairy free and easily made paleo friendly too!
Why You’ll Love This Chicken Salad
- Quick Recipe - Using pre-cooked chicken helps cut down the recipe time significantly. Simply mix all of the ingredients together and you’ll have a delicious meal ready to go!
- Simple Ingredients - The ingredients are all easy to find at the grocery store and some you may already have on hand.
- Customizable - Have leftover chicken from last night’s meal? No problem, use that instead! This recipe is very easy to customize based on what you have on hand and your preferences. I have a section below going over some common mix-ins and substitutions.
- Meal Prep Friendly - This recipe is perfect for meal prep and to-go lunches. It’ll last in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
- Chicken - You’ll want to use 2 cups of rotisserie chicken that is either shredded or chopped into pieces. You can use a combination of light and dark meat from the whole chicken.
- Mayonnaise - I like to use Primal Kitchen avocado oil mayo but you can use whatever mayonnaise you prefer.
- Stone Ground Mustard - The stone ground mustard gives a mild flavor boost to the mayo while adding a little bit of texture since some of the seeds are left whole. You can use dijon mustard in place of the stone ground but it will have a slightly more intense flavor.
- Dill Pickles - I love the dill flavor and crunch the pickles add to this salad. Simply delicious!
- Green Onions - The green onions have a mild and slightly sweet flavor.
- Salt and Pepper - Adjust the salt and pepper to your taste.
How To Make
This recipe makes about 4 servings.
- First, combine all of the ingredients into one large mixing bowl.
Stir to combine, making sure the ingredients are fully incorporated.
Taste the salad and see if you want to add more salt and pepper.
Serve the rotisserie chicken salad right away or chill in the refrigerator.
- Chicken - If you don’t have access to rotisserie chicken, you can use leftover shredded chicken or baked chicken.
- Paleo - You can easily make this recipe paleo friendly. Use mayo that is paleo approved like Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Mayo. You can also use plain grilled chicken or chicken that you have prepared to ensure all ingredients and seasonings used are paleo friendly.
- Customize - Feel free to add different mix-ins with this chicken salad. Some people prefer nuts or sliced grapes. Or add spice by sprinkling a bit of paprika or cayenne pepper into the mix.
Where do you get rotisserie chicken?
How To Serve
Serve rotisserie chicken salad with crackers as a dip, on bread, or in a wrap. You can also serve it on top of mixed greens for a protein-packed salad.
Store leftover rotisserie chicken salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
More Chicken Salad Recipes:
Did you love this recipe? I want to hear from you! Please leave a rating or comment below and let me know how it turned out! Also follow along on Instagram and Pinterest for more With Sweet Honey content.
If you’d like to stay in the know about all things With Sweet Honey, please consider subscribing to our newsletter!
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting With Sweet Honey!
Easy Rotisserie Chicken Salad
- mixing bowl
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken shredded or chopped
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup dill pickles diced
- ¼ cup green onions chopped
- 1 tablespoon stone ground mustard
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Add the chicken, mayo, pickles, mustard, green onions, salt and pepper into a large bowl.
- Mix to combine. Taste and adjust salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve right away or chill in the refrigerator.