Whenever the weather starts warming up, I start craving fresh vegetables. There’s no easier way to enjoy them than in a delicious veggie hummus sandwich that is stuffed with fresh avocado, cucumber, arugula, tomato and homemade roasted garlic hummus.
It’s a simple veggie sandwich that’s packed with delicious flavor. This sandwich has become one of my go-to lunch recipes this spring and I hope it becomes one of yours too. Enjoy it on it's own or with a side of fruit, salad or chips.
Ingredients for Easy Veggie Hummus Sandwich
There aren't many ingredients in this sandwich but don’t let that fool you. It’s flavorful and packed with fresh vegetables and roasted garlic hummus that will keep you satisfied.
The ingredients in this recipe include:
- Bread - I used gluten free Canyon Bakehouse bread but you can use your favorite type of bread that you have on hand. To make this sandwich vegan, just make sure to use a vegan friendly bread.
- Roasted Garlic Hummus - Make this simple homemade roasted garlic hummus or use store bought.
- Avocado - I mash the avocado with a fork before putting it on the sandwich for easier spreading but you can also use avocado slices.
- Cucumber - Cut the cucumber to desired slice thickness. I prefer thin slices.
- Tomato - I used small cherry tomatoes but you could also use your favorite large tomatoes.
- Salt & Pepper - optional
How to Make This Sandwich
There aren’t many steps in making this simple vegan veggie hummus sandwich. First, toast your bread if desired or leave as is. Then, spread the hummus on the side of one slice of bread and the mashed avocado on the other slice. Layer on the vegetables and sprinkle with salt and pepper if desired. Sandwich the two slices of bread together and enjoy!
More Delicious Recipes To Try:
Easy Veggie Hummus Sandwich
- 2 slices of bread (I used Gluten Free Canyon Bakehouse Bread)
- 2 tbsp homemade roasted garlic hummus
- ½ avocado, mashed
- ¼ cucumber, thinly sliced
- tomato, sliced
- salt & pepper, optional
- Toast bread or leave untoasted, as desired.
- Add a layer of hummus on one side and a layer of mashed avocado on the other. Then layer with the cucumber, arugula, tomato and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper (optional).