Let’s kick off the cozy season with this festive gingerbread latte recipe! Made with only a few simple ingredients, get that delicious gingerbread flavor without much effort! This homemade gingerbread latte is also dairy free and vegan so gather your friends, everyone can enjoy this one!
Gingerbread Latte Season
Dust off your boots and pull out your heavy coat, it’s winter time! Now anyone who knows me, knows I don’t love winter but I do love holiday recipes, especially if coffee is involved! I’m all for a creamy latte that tastes like gingerbread.
What makes this latte taste like gingerbread?
I’m glad you asked! Gingerbread cookies are traditionally made with a blend of spice that gives that recognizable flavor. And that is exactly what this gingerbread latte has! It’s made with a blend of nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon and ginger with a touch of added sweetness from pure maple syrup and molasses.
Suggestions on when to make gingerbread lattes:
- While baking holiday cookies
- Decorating gingerbread houses
- Wrapping presents
- Decorating a tree
- Hanging garland and stockings
- On any random day during wintertime
More dairy free coffee recipes to try!
If you’ve made this gingerbread latte, please leave a comment and rating below! I love to hear from you guys, it makes my day! Also feel free to follow along on Instagram and tag @withsweethoney on all your recipe creations.
Homemade Dairy Free Gingerbread Latte Recipe
- 2 cups strongly brewed coffee
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or any dairy free or regular milk)
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup (adjust to sweetness preference)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- a pinch of sea salt
- Add all of the ingredients into a medium saucepan. Heat on medium-high, stirring occasionally, until the ingredients are combined and coffee is heated to desired temperature.
- Divide into two mugs. Top with frothed milk or coconut whipped cream (optional). Enjoy!
- Top with frothed milk or coconut whipped cream. You could also sprinkle extra cinnamon or gingerbread cookie on top for a special treat.
- For an extra indulgent creamy drink, you could do ½ cup full fat coconut milk and ½ cup almond milk.