Pie crusts don’t need to be complicated. This Gluten Free No Bake Oat Pie Crust is so simple to make, made with only seven ingredients and completely gluten free and dairy free! It tastes delicious paired with my No Bake Triple Berry Pie or other no bake pie flavors.
Why is pie crust the best part of pie?
I don’t know why but I love pie crust even more than I love pie filling. Don’t get me wrong, I love a good pie filling too but the crust is always the top indicator if I’m going to enjoy a certain pie or not.
When I was young, my mom would make homemade pies and let them sit on a cooling rack in the kitchen. I’d sneak into the kitchen after they were done and take a chunk out of the crust for a “taste test”. You’d always know that I’d had a taste because of the large hole in the crust.
That habit of picking at the crust has still not left me. I had to resist the “taste test” for these photos or you would have wondered why part of the crust was missing. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this delicious and simple no bake oat crust as much as I do! It really is a tasty treat and I love that there's no need to heat the oven to make it.
I use this No Bake Oat Pie Crust in my No Bake Triple Berry Pie recipe that is also gluten free, dairy free, and refined sugar free. The two pair very well and I love the vibrant color of the triple berry pie. I had originally made the no bake triple berry pie for a Fourth of July celebration but it would taste delicious in any season. And of course, the best part is that there’s no need to bake it!
Ingredients for Gluten Free No Bake Oat Pie Crust
- Gluten free rolled oats: I use gluten free rolled oats in this recipe but you could also use regular if you don’t follow a gluten free diet.
- Medjool dates: I think the medjool dates are the hidden jem in this recipe. They add just a bit of sweetness and structure to the no bake crust. Make sure your dates are pitted and soft before blending them. Soak the dates to hot water to soften them up, if needed. See instructions below.
- Almond flour: I use regular almond flour for this recipe.
- Coconut oil: The coconut oil should be soft but not melted.
- Honey: Honey with the medjool dates is what gives the pie crust a little bit of sweetness.
- Cinnamon: Use about 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- Sea salt: Just a bit of salt added for a more flavorful pie crust.
How To Make Oat Pie Crust
Step 1: First, lightly grease a 9-inch pie dish with olive oil.
Step 2: Then, add the oats to a food processor and pulse until the consistency turns into a fine oat flour. Add the soaked dates, almond flour, soft coconut oil, honey, cinnamon, and salt to the oat flour in the food processor. Blend until the mixture has turned into a thick dough (about 2 minutes).
Step 3: Place the dough into the pie pan and press down with your clean hands. Press the dough up the sides of the dish and spread evenly along the bottom.
Step 4: Transfer the pie dish to the freezer and let it set for 20 minutes before adding the filling.
Tips On Making The Crust
There isn’t much to make this simple no bake crust but there are a few tips that I want to share to make sure this crust is successful for you.
- Blend oats first: Blend your gluten free oats in the food processor or high powered blender first to create a flour-like oat texture.
- Soak your dates: Soak your pitted dates in boiling hot water for 20-30 minutes before blending. This will help them break down easier and you’ll have less chunks of dates in the crust.
- Soften coconut oil: You don’t need to melt your coconut oil before blending. Just keep it soft enough to scoop the appropriate amount into the blender.
Other No Bake Desserts To Try!
- No Bake Triple Berry Pie
- Chocolate Cacao Oat Bars
- No Bake Raspberry Energy Balls
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles
- Easy Apple Pie Energy Balls
- Blueberry Pie Chia Pudding
Have you tried this no bake pie crust recipe? Please leave a rating below or tag With Sweet Honey on Instagram or Pinterest! If you’d like to stay in touch with all things With Sweet Honey, please consider joining our email newsletter!
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting With Sweet Honey!
Gluten Free No Bake Pie Crust
- First, lightly grease a 9 inch pie dish with olive oil. Then, add the oats to a food processor and pulse until the consistency turns into a fine oat flour. Add the soaked dates, almond flour, cubed coconut oil, honey, cinnamon, and salt to the oat flour in the food processor. Blend until the mixture is turned into a thick dough (about 2 minutes).
- Place the dough into the pie pan and press down with your hands. Press the dough up the sides of the dish and spread evenly along the bottom.
- Place the dish into the freezer for 20 minutes to set before adding filling.