Introducing your new favorite way to make pizza: gluten free pizza bites. These super easy-to-make gluten free pizza bites are kid friendly and perfect for lunch, snack or dinner. Make this recipe using cheesy mozzarella or opt for a dairy free option. Both are equally delicious and easy to customize!
Kid Friendly Gluten Free Pizza Bites
We’ve all had pizza but have you tried making homemade pizza bites? These bites are so easy to make from scratch and are seriously delicious. They’re great for an afternoon snack after school or appetizer for a party.
Looking for more kid friendly recipes? Try our Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies or Applesauce Baby Pancakes. Feel free to leave a comment or rating below once you try a recipe. Your kind feedback is very much appreciated!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Simple: This recipe is simple to make. Just start out by mixing the ingredients for the crust and divide the dough out into 12 muffin cups. Bake the crust and then add the toppings. Just place in the oven for 5 more minutes before they’re ready to enjoy! It’s as easy as that!
Ingredients: These pizza bites are made with gluten free and grain free ingredients. You can also make this recipe dairy free by using non dairy cheese or simply omit the cheese.
Family Friendly: My family loves these gluten free pizza bites. Every time we have made them, they don’t last long because everyone devours them. The bites are also the perfect size for my toddler's hands and she loves to be able to pick them up and eat them all by herself.
Ingredients For Homemade Pizza Bites
- Almond flour: Almond flour is the perfect grain free option for these pizza bites.
- Arrowroot flour: If you have trouble finding arrowroot in your grocery store's baking aisle, check the health food or gluten free aisle. Arrowroot can also be found easily on Amazon.
- Baking powder: Gives a little bit of rise to the pizza dough.
- Salt: To add a little more flavor to crust dough.
- Eggs: There are two eggs in this recipe. I have not tested this recipe with egg replacer or using flax eggs instead so I don’t know if that would work or not.
- Olive oil: Two tablespoons of olive oil is added to the crust dough. You can also use a little bit of olive oil to spread on your hands before pressing the dough down in the muffin cups to prevent the dough from sticking.
- Pizza sauce: Use a homemade pizza sauce or store bought. You could also use marinara sauce here in a pinch.
- Mozzarella: To make this recipe dairy free, you can use a dairy free mozzarella or omit the cheese.
- Pepperoni: We usually make this recipe with either pepperoni or cooked sausage.
- Green onion: Chopped fresh green onion adds a delicious flavor to this pizza.
- Italian seasoning: Sprinkle a little bit of Italian seasoning on the pizza sauce when assembling the pizza bites.
How To Make Gluten Free Pizza Bites
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit. Grease a regular sized muffin pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
Step 2: In a medium bowl, add the almond flour, arrowroot flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until combined. Then add the eggs and olive oil. *Add the cold water if needed, one tbsp at a time. The final dough should be a slightly stickier biscuit-like dough.
Step 3: Split the dough evenly between the 12 muffin cups (about 1 tbsp each). Press the dough down into the cups using oiled hands or a spoon. Bake the crust for 10 minutes.
Step 4: Once the crust is baked, remove from the oven and spread the pizza sauce on the top of each of the 12 crusts. Next, sprinkle the Italian seasoning, green onion, pepperoni, and mozzarella cheese.
Step 5: Bake the pizza bites for another 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the crust is slightly golden around the edges.
Step 6: Allow the pizza bites to cool for 1-2 minutes before removing from the pan. Enjoy!
How To Store
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat using the oven or microwave.
Here are the kitchen tools you’ll need to make these homemade pizza bites.
Other Flavors To Try
Looking for other flavor combinations to try with these pizza bites? There are many options and possibilities here since the pizza crust for these bites make an easy base for many flavors. Here are some combos that might spark some ideas. If you try any other flavors, I’d love to hear in the comments below!
- Sausage, black olives, mushrooms, mozzarella
- Ham, pineapple chunks, mozzarella
- Caramelized onion, sausage, feta cheese
- Shredded chicken, bbq sauce (instead of pizza sauce), red onion
- Prosciutto, arugula, mozzarella
How To Make Dairy Free
It’s easy to make these gluten free pizza bites dairy free if needed. Swap out the mozzarella cheese for dairy free or vegan cheese. You could also omit the cheese all together if you prefer.
More Easy Recipes To Try
- Easy Ginger Turkey meatballs
- Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
- Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers
- Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie
- Goat Cheese Crustless Quiche
Thank you so much for checking out this recipe! If you’ve enjoyed this recipe or any of my others, please leave a review and comment below. Also feel free to tag @withsweethoney on Instagram and follow us on Pinterest. I love seeing all of your creations!
If you’d like to stay in the know about all things With Sweet Honey, please consider subscribing to our newsletter!
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting With Sweet Honey!
Gluten Free Pizza Bites (Grain Free)
- mixing bowl
- cheese grater
- pizza sauce or marinara sauce
- mozzarella or dairy free mozzarella shredded
- pepperoni or cooked sausage
- green onion chopped
- italian seasoning (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit. Grease a regular sized muffin pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the almond flour, arrowroot flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until combined. Then add the eggs and olive oil. *Add the cold water if needed, one tbsp at a time. The final dough should be a slightly stickier biscuit-like dough.
- Split the dough evenly between the 12 muffin cups (about 1 tbsp each). Press the dough down into the cups using oiled hands or a spoon. Bake the crust for 10 minutes.
- Once the crust is baked, remove from the oven and spread the pizza sauce on the top of each of the 12 crusts. Next, sprinkle the italian seasoning, green onion, pepperoni, and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake the pizza bites for another 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the crust is slightly golden around the edges.
- Allow the pizza bites to cool for 1-2 minutes before removing from the pan. Enjoy!