This Healthy Egg Roll in a Bowl is made in under 15-minutes and is the perfect choice for an easy homemade meal. It’s made with ground turkey or pork, sautéed with veggies and cooked in a flavorful soy-free sauce.
Who needs the roll when you can have it in a bowl! You will love how simple this deconstructed egg roll bowl is to make. Serve it over rice or make it Paleo and Whole30 friendly with cauliflower rice instead.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Quick - You’ll have dinner made in under 15-minutes.
- Simple - No need to make a big mess in the kitchen, this is a one-pan kind of meal.
- Meal Prep - This recipe is weekly meal prep friendly and easy to reheat in the microwave or stovetop.
- Healthy - This is a delicious low-carb and soy-free take on the classic egg roll. Easily make it Paleo and Whole30 friendly too!
- Family Friendly - My whole family loves these egg roll bowls, even the toddler (usually). You can also customize the vegetables and spice level to your family’s preferences.
Ingredients for Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Ground Turkey - If you can’t find ground turkey you can substitute the ground turkey for ground pork or beef.
- Cabbage - Chop the green cabbage into thin strips before adding it to the pan.
- Carrots - A quick way to shred carrots is to use a food processor with the grate attachment.
- Onion - This recipe uses about a half of a medium sized onion.
- Garlic - Add a couple fresh cloves of garlic for flavor.
- Ginger - Fresh garlic is preferred since it gives the best flavor to the dish but you could substitute ground ginger in a pinch.
- Coconut aminos - Coconut aminos is a healthy and flavorful alternative to soy sauce. You can usually find coconut aminos next to soy sauce in the grocery store or online.
- Apple cider vinegar - For more depth of flavor.
- Sesame seed oil - In addition to the sesame seed oil, you can top the bowl with sesame seeds.Salt and pepper - Adjust the salt and pepper amounts to your taste preferences.
How To Make Egg Roll Bowls
Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Brown the ground turkey and onion. Next, add the garlic and ginger and sauté until fragrant.
Lower the heat and add the cabbage, carrots, coconut aminos, apple cider vinegar, sesame oil, salt and pepper. Toss and sauté until the cabbage is tender (about 5 minutes).
Serve over rice or cauliflower rice, with green onions, sesame seeds, and hot sauce (optional).
In a Pinch - If you want to make this recipe even quicker, you can substitute the sliced cabbage and shredded carrots with a 3 cups of premade coleslaw mix. Coleslaw mix is usually found in the refrigerated salad section in grocery stores.
How to make Whole30 and Paleo
This healthy egg roll in a bowl can easily be made Whole30 and Paleo friendly by serving it by itself or over cauliflower rice.
Kitchen Equipment Needed
- Grater or food processor with grater attachment
- Sauté pan or cast iron skillet
This recipe reheats well and is perfect for meal prep! Save in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 4-5 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I substitute the ground turkey?
Yes, you can substitute the ground turkey for either ground pork or ground beef.
What to serve the egg roll in a bowl with?
I usually serve this egg roll in a bowl over white rice or cauliflower rice. You could also eat it plain or over additional veggies.
Leave a Review
Did you make this recipe? Please consider leaving a review and rating below, this helps a lot! Also feel free to follow along on Instagram and Pinterest for more recipe ideas.
If you’d like to stay in the know about all things With Sweet Honey, please consider subscribing to our newsletter!
More Quick Recipes To Try
- Spicy Sesame Peanut Zucchini Noodles
- Creamy Pumpkin Pasta with Spinach
- Simple Coconut Chickpea Curry
- Salmon Patties
- Instant Pot Pork Carnitas
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting With Sweet Honey!
Healthy Egg Roll in a Bowl
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey (can substitute with ground pork or ground beef)
- ½ onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger grated
- 2 cups cabbage thinly sliced or shredded
- 1 cup carrots shredded
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame seed oil
- salt and black pepper adjust to preferences
- green onions garnish
- sesame seeds garnish
- hot sauce garnish
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Brown the ground turkey and onion. Next, add the garlic and ginger and sauté until fragrant.
- Lower the heat and add the cabbage, carrots, coconut aminos, apple cider vinegar, sesame oil, salt and pepper. Toss and sauté until the cabbage is tender (about 5 minutes).
- Serve over rice or cauliflower rice, with green onions, sesame seeds, and hot sauce (optional).
Leave a Reply