No Bake Lactation Bites that promote milk production and are the perfect snack for nursing moms. Made with ingredients like oats, flaxseed, and brewer’s yeast to help with supply. They’re also no bake, gluten free, vegan and dairy free!
Lactation Bites For Nursing Moms
You all know I love a good no bake recipe but this one also helps promote milk production in breastfeeding moms! If you’re a fan of our lactation cookies recipe, I have a feeling you are going to love this one too. This convenient snack is done in a matter of minutes and is made without even having to turn on the oven. Perfect for those late night nursing sessions or on-the-go snacks.
These energy bites are made with creamy peanut butter, rolled oats, flaxseed, and sweetened with maple syrup. They can also be customized with mix-ins like raisins, coconut flakes and chocolate chips.
Ingredients For Lactation Bites
- Old Fashioned Rolled Oats: I use certified gluten free rolled oats.
- Ground Flaxseed: Flaxseed also helps with milk production!
- Brewer’s Yeast: Make sure to use gluten free brewer’s yeast if that is important to you.
- Chia Seeds: I like using chia seeds in these no bake energy bites because they have omega-3 fatty acids and are packed with protein. Chia seed pudding is also a great way to incorporate chia seeds into your diet!
- Peanut Butter: You can use any nut butter you prefer but I like to use creamy peanut butter or almond butter.
- Maple Syrup: These energy bites are lightly sweetened with maple syrup. You can substitute the maple syrup with honey if preferred.
- Vanilla Extract: To give these no bake bites a hint of vanilla flavor.
- Raisins: I like to add raisins to these energy bites so they have the flavor of oatmeal raisin cookies. You can swap the raisins for mini chocolate chips instead if you wanted.
- Coconut Flakes: Coconut flakes or shredded coconut is another great addition to these lactation bites.
- Ground Cinnamon: Just a hint of cinnamon is added to these bites.
How To Make Lactation Bites
It really doesn’t get easier than this recipe. Just a few simple steps, and you’ll have a freezer bag full of delicious lactation bites perfect for snacking.
1.) Start by mixing all of the ingredients together in a large bowl. Make sure all of the ingredients are mixed completely.
2.) Next, use a cookie scoop, spoon or hands to form 12-13 small balls.
3.) They can be enjoyed immediately or stored in the fridge or freezer.
How To Store and Freeze
To Store: These lactation energy bites can last for up to 1 week in the fridge in an airtight container.
To Freeze: Great for preparing ahead of time, these energy bites can last in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Other Snack Ideas
- Gluten Free Lactation Cookies
- Chunky Monkey Banana Breakfast Cookies
- Apple Pie Energy Balls
- No Bake Raspberry Energy Balls
Did you love this recipe? I want to hear from you! Please leave a rating or comment below and let me know how it turned out! Also follow along on Instagram and Pinterest for more With Sweet Honey content.
If you’d like to stay in the know about all things With Sweet Honey, please consider subscribing to our newsletter!
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting With Sweet Honey!
No Bake Lactation Bites
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Making sure mixture is combined thoroughly.
- Use a spoon and your hands to roll out 12-13 balls.
- Store in a covered container in the fridge or the freezer.