No tahini? No problem! Traditional hummus is made with tahini but I found whenever I want to make hummus, I never have it on hand. It’s just not something I normally have in my pantry. I came up with this hummus recipe to solve that problem and I’m here to say it’s just as good, if not better, than any hummus I’ve ever had. This roasted garlic hummus is so creamy and full of delicious flavor, you won’t even miss the tahini.
What’s in Roasted Garlic Hummus Without Tahini?
- Roasted garlic
- Olive oil
- Unsalted raw cashew butter
- Fresh squeezed lemon juice
How To Make Roasted Garlic Hummus Without Tahini?
This hummus is simple to make and only requires a few ingredients. First, prepare the roasted garlic by following the steps outlined in my How To Roast Garlic post. Next, drain the chickpeas and pour them into the food processor. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend on high until the hummus is creamy in texture. Feel free to adjust the salt, pepper and lemon to your own taste. That’s it! If you want, you can also top the hummus with a little bit of olive oil, roasted chickpeas and paprika.
How To Serve Roasted Garlic Hummus?
My favorite way to eat hummus is as an appetizer with veggies like carrots, bell peppers, radishes, and cucumbers. You can also use it as a dip for crackers or spread over a sandwich as an alternative to mayo.
How Long Will Roasted Garlic Hummus Last?
It will last up to 4 days in the refrigerator. Make sure to store it in an airtight container. Whenever I make this hummus though, it disappears pretty quick because both my husband and I love it so much.
Roasted Garlic Hummus Without Tahini
- Food Processor
- Drain the chickpeas and pour the whole can into the food processor.
- Add the roasted garlic, olive oil, cashew butter, cumin, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Feel free to adjust the amount of lemon, salt and pepper to your preference.
- Blend on high until hummus is creamy in texture.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Serve as a dip with vegetables, pita chips, crackers, etc. Or use as a spread on wraps and sandwiches.
- Lasts up to 4 days in the fridge.
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting With Sweet Honey!