This Sausage Sweet Potato Sheet Pan Dinner with Garlic Aioli is made with a colorful medley of sausage, bell peppers, sweet potatoes, and onions. Serve with homemade garlic aioli for the ultimate flavorful bite. Not only is it incredibly delicious, but it's also a breeze to prepare, making it an ideal weeknight meal. Get ready to enjoy a mouthwatering dinner that will have your family coming back for seconds, all while keeping cleanup a breeze.
- Why You’ll Love This Sheet Pan Meal
- Ingredients for Sausage Sweet Potato Sheet Pan Dinner
- How To Make Homemade Garlic Aioli
- Tips For Making The Best Sheet Pan Dinner
- Ingredient Variations
- How To Serve
- How To Store
- More Recipes To Try:
- More from With Sweet Honey
- Sausage Sweet Potato Sheet Pan Dinner with Garlic Aioli
Why You’ll Love This Sheet Pan Meal
Sheet pan meals are AMAZING especially for family dinners or home cooks looking to save time. Here are just a few reasons why I think this recipe will become one of your go-to meals during the week:
- Easy prep and cleanup: No special preparations or cleanup is required with this recipe. Simply toss all the ingredients onto the sheet pan, season with spices, and bake in the oven. One sheet pan is all you need!
- Versatile recipe: Feel free to switch up ingredients based on what you already have in your fridge. A wide range of vegetables and protein can be used as substitution so get creative!
- Balanced and nutritious: Sheet pan meals allow you to incorporate a variety of ingredients, including proteins, vegetables, and grains, all in one dish. This makes it easy to create balanced and nutritious meals that are packed with vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
- Makes great leftovers: If you like to meal prep or need leftovers for lunches during the week, this is the recipe for you. The ingredients in this sheet pan dinner hold up extremely well in the fridge and are a breeze to reheat.
If sheet pan dinners are not your thing or you’re looking for other easy dinner ideas, we have more dinner recipes I think you’ll enjoy! Our Simple Coconut Chickpea Curry and Gluten Free Salmon Patties are a couple time-saving fan favorites!
Ingredients for Sausage Sweet Potato Sheet Pan Dinner
Our sausage sheet pan dinner has a blend of delicious and easy to get ingredients that can be customized to your preferences.
Sheet Pan Dinner Ingredients:
- Bell Peppers
- Sweet potatoes
- Red onions
- Italian seasoning
- Olive oil
Garlic Aioli Ingredients:
- Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
Check the recipe card below for exact amounts.
How To Make Homemade Garlic Aioli
If you’ve never had garlic aioli, you’re in for a treat! This simple homemade condiment is packed with zesty flavor perfect to serve with these roasted veggies and savory sausage. I also like to make garlic aioli for topping burgers or crispy fries! Follow these steps to make it:
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayo, minced garlic, fresh squeezed lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Enjoy right away or store in the fridge for up to 7 days in an airtight container.
Tips For Making The Best Sheet Pan Dinner
- In order to ensure even cooking times, I recommend you choose vegetables and protein with similar cooking times and cut them into similar sizes. This will enhance the versatility of the recipe, allowing all the ingredients to cook perfectly together.
- Try fresh herbs or a homemade Italian seasoning blend for extra flavor.
- Swap the sweet potatoes for red or yellow potatoes.
- Add more vegetables like chopped carrots, broccoli, or Brussels sprouts.
- Make it spicy by adding paprika or cayenne powder.
How To Serve
I like to serve this sheet pan dinner on top of white rice but it also tastes great on its own! Top with some garlic aioli or leave it on the side for dipping.
How To Store
Store the sausage sweet pan meal in the fridge for up to 5 days in an airtight container. Additionally, the garlic aioli can also be stored in the fridge for up to 7 days.
More Recipes To Try:
- Baked Lemon Pepper Salmon with Brussels Sprouts
- Roasted Tomato Basil Soup (Dairy Free)
- Sesame Ginger Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers
More from With Sweet Honey
If you’d like to stay updated on all of our new recipes, please consider subscribing to our With Sweet Honey newsletter!
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting With Sweet Honey!
Sausage Sweet Potato Sheet Pan Dinner with Garlic Aioli
Sausage Sweet Potato Sheet Pan Dinner
- 1 14 ounces Turkey, Chicken, or Beef Sausage sliced
- 2 sweet potatoes diced into cubes
- 2 bell peppers chopped, (any colors you prefer)
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1-2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
Homemade Garlic Aioli
- ½ cup mayo
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
Sheet Pan Dinner:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the sausage, sweet potatoes, bell peppers, red onions, and minced garlic to the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle the Italian seasoning over the veggies and sausage. Toss with your hands or a spoon so everything is coated.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then flip and stir the veggies and sausage. Bake for another 5-10 minutes or until everything is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mayo, minced garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Serve the roasted vegetables and sausage topped with a drizzle of garlic aioli.
- Serve on its own or on a bed of rice or cauliflower rice.
- Store the sausage sweet pan meal in the fridge for up to 5 days in an airtight container. The garlic aioli can also be stored in the fridge for up to 7 days.