I am a huge fan of sheet pan dinners. They are great for busy weeknights and usually require minimal cleanup since your whole meal is made in one pan. I kept that in mind when I created this Sesame Ginger Chicken Sheet Pan recipe. If you're short on time and want a quick meal, this is the perfect recipe for you.
This Sesame Ginger Chicken Sheet Pan recipe is a healthier alternative to takeout and saves well for leftovers too! It’s on my go-to list of dinner recipes when I don’t know what to make but want an easy balanced meal.
What is in this Sesame Ginger Chicken Sheet Pan recipe?
Coconut aminos - Soy sauce alternative that is salty and savory. I can usually find coconut aminos near the soy sauce at my local grocery store, Target or online.
Ginger - Use fresh ginger for the best results in this recipe, it’s so good!!
Garlic - Again, I used fresh garlic and minced it to get the most flavor.
Red Pepper Flakes - These add a little bit of spice that I love! Feel free to adjust the amount depending on your spice preference.
Honey - This adds the perfect amount of sweetness to the dish.
Sesame Oil - I love adding sesame oil in stir-fry meals too. It adds a yummy nutty-like flavor that enhances the dish.
White Wine Vinegar - White wine vinegar is a mild vinegar that is used for the acid in the marinade.
Olive Oil - I used extra-virgin olive oil in this recipe.
Salt and Pepper - You can adjust the amounts for the salt and pepper to your taste.
Chicken Breasts - I prepared the chicken breasts by cutting them into 1 inch pieces and marinating them in the sauce for 30 minutes in the fridge.
Broccoli Florets - The broccoli is my favorite in this dish because the florets soak up the sauce which makes them extra flavorful!
Golden Potatoes - These little potatoes are rich in flavor and so versatile, making them a great starch option for this meal. Plus they’re so cute with their golden color! If you don’t have golden potatoes or can't eat them, you can substitute it with another vegetable.
How do you make Sesame Ginger Chicken?
It’s actually very simple and only requires a little bit of planning ahead.
Start by marinating the chicken in ⅓ of the sesame ginger sauce for 30 minutes in the fridge. In the meantime, you can cut the broccoli and potatoes. After the 30 minutes is up, preheat the oven to 375°F. Pour the chicken on your sheet pan with the marinade. Add the rest of the marinade to the potatoes and broccoli and stir so they are evenly coated. Then add them to the sheet pan. Put the sheet pan into the oven to bake for 30-40 minutes, turning the chicken, potatoes and broccoli halfway through. Take out once the chicken is cooked and the vegetables are tender. And just like that, your dinner is complete!
Sesame Ginger Chicken Sheet Pan
- For the marinade, whisk together the coconut aminos, olive oil, ginger, garlic, honey, sesame oil, white wine vinegar, red pepper flakes, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Place the chicken in a separate bowl or zip lock bag. Then pour ⅓ of the marinade over the chicken and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut the broccoli florets and quarter the golden potatoes. Place the broccoli and potatoes in a separate bowl and toss with the rest of the marinade sauce to evenly coat.
- After the chicken is done marinating, preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Add the chicken, broccoli and potatoes to the sheet pan.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, turning the chicken, potatoes, and broccoli halfway through. Remove from the oven once the chicken is cooked and the vegetables are tender.
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting With Sweet Honey!