This simple cilantro lime cauliflower rice is a burrito bowl staple and a delicious low carb option that is easy to make. It’s also gluten free, dairy free, Whole30, paleo and vegan friendly!
Made with only 5 simple ingredients, this cilantro lime cauliflower rice recipe is the perfect substitution for regular rice that won’t break the bank or your diet. I have tried many flavors of cauliflower rice over the years and this one is one of my favorites and by far one of the simplest to make. The fresh lime and cilantro adds a flavorful punch to carnitas burrito bowls that is hard not to love.
Let me know if you try this recipe and how it turned out below, I love hearing your comments!
Ingredients for simple cilantro lime cauliflower rice
Like I mentioned, there are only a few ingredients in this recipe but don’t let that fool you. This is a flavorful cauliflower rice and the fresh ingredients definitely add to that flavor.
- Cauliflower: This recipe uses a whole cauliflower head which produces about 3 cups of cauliflower rice. Alternatively, you can use pre-made cauliflower rice that is usually found in the freezer section of the grocery store.
- Olive oil: For the pan so the cauliflower doesn’t stick to the skillet.
- Garlic: The garlic adds more depth of flavor to the dish.
- Cilantro: Use fresh cilantro for best results.
- Lime: We use the fresh squeezed lime juice and the fresh zest from the lime in this recipe.
- Black pepper: Feel free to add to taste preference.
How to make cauliflower rice
Making cauliflower rice is a lot more simple than you probably suspect. Start by washing the whole cauliflower head. Remove the cauliflower florets from the stem. Place the cauliflower florets into a food processor and pulse until the cauliflower is broken down into rice-like pieces. If there are larger pieces that still remain, add those back to the food processor and pulse again.
How to make cilantro lime cauliflower rice
Step 1: Make the cauliflower rice, following the steps above. If using pre-made cauliflower rice, you can skip this step.
Step 2: Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the cauliflower rice and minced garlic. Sauté for about 5-7 minutes until the cauliflower is softened.
Step 3: Remove from heat and add the chopped cilantro, lime juice, lime zest and black pepper. Toss to combine and serve.
This cilantro lime cauliflower rice makes a great side or base for bowls. My family especially likes this cauliflower rice in Carnitas Burrito Bowls or in chicken burrito bowls.
Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
More recipes to try!
- Easy Skillet Cauliflower Rice
- Carnitas Burrito Bowl
- Whole Roasted Cauliflower With Almond-Herb Sauce
- Spicy Honey Garlic Shrimp
- Instant Pot Pork Carnitas
If you’ve enjoyed this recipe or any of our others, please leave a review and rating. I love to hear from you and can’t wait to see what you’re making! Also consider following us on Instagram, Pinterest, and our newsletter for up-to-date content and recipe inspiration.
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting With Sweet Honey!
Simple Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
- 1 medium cauliflower head (about 3 cups riced cauliflower)
- olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ cup cilantro chopped
- 1 lime juice and zest
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Rice the cauliflower (if using a whole cauliflower head): Wash the cauliflower head and then remove the cauliflower florets from the stem. Cut into bite-sized florets. Then place the cauliflower florets into a food processor. Pulse until the florets are broken down into rice-like pieces. Transfer to a large bowl. If there are larger pieces that still remain, add those back to the food processor and pulse again. If using pre-made cauliflower rice, you can skip this step.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the cauliflower rice and minced garlic. Sauté for about 5-7 minutes until the cauliflower is softened.
- Remove from heat and add the chopped cilantro, lime juice, lime zest and black pepper. Toss to combine and serve.