Now that I am a mom, I’ve realized it’s so important to save time when I can. Juggling between work, naps, and feedings on a daily basis can get crazy. I created this Slow Cooker Mushroom Celery Chicken recipe with busy moms like me in mind. Set the time for 6 hours on low and you will have a delicious healthy meal ready for you and your family at the end of the day!
This recipe is also versatile and can be served with rice, noodles, vegetables, or whatever else you see fit. It is also gluten free, dairy free, and Whole30 compliant.
So if you’re a fan of mushrooms, celery and chicken, I really encourage you to try this recipe for your next dinner. And let me know how you like it in the comments below or tag me on Instagram!
Slow Cooker Mushroom Celery Chicken
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ of a medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 celery stocks, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- ½ tsp white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- ¼ tsp celery seed
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Soak the cashews overnight in water.
- Blend the soaked cashews with the 2 cups of chicken stock until creamy.
- Place the chicken breasts in the slow cooker. Pour the cashew mixture on top of the chicken breasts.
- Place the rest of the ingredients in the crockpot and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Serve over rice or pasta.
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting With Sweet Honey!