These Soft Molasses Cookies will take your holiday baking to the next level! They are made with almond flour, spices and dates to make them ultra soft and delicious. Make an extra batch because everyone will love these festive gluten free cookies!
I know it’s probably silly to get this excited about a cookie but let me tell you...I am VERY excited about this cookie! If you’re looking for a soft, gluten free molasses cookie that you’ll want to share with everyone this holiday season, look no further. I got you covered.
My all-time favorite cookies, besides oatmeal raisin cookies, are molasses cookies. There’s something so comforting about the smell and taste of molasses cookies especially in the wintertime. But let me just say, these aren’t your typical run-of-the-mill cookies. The spices, dates and grain free flour combination make these cookies truly irresistible that many people with different diets can enjoy.
Ingredients for these soft gluten free molasses cookies:
I’m guessing if you are a gluten free baker you already have most, if not all, of these ingredients in your pantry.
- brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- pitted medjool dates
- almond flour
- coconut flour
- arrowroot powder
- ground ginger
- ground cinnamon
- ground nutmeg
- baking soda
Tips for making these soft gluten free molasses cookies
Use a food processor for mixing. Like I previously stated, there are dates in these babies. The dates are essential for the flavor so I recommend you follow the instructions below on using a food processor to make sure the dates are chopped up and the rest of the ingredients are mixed well. This will make for the fluffy and soft cookie.
Refrigerate the dough for an hour. This step is optional but I would recommend refrigerating the dough for at least an hour. Refrigeration will make the dough easier to handle. I did test this recipe without refrigerating the dough and the cookies still turned out great but they weren’t as fluffy and soft as I wanted them to be. Also if you don’t refrigerate the dough, you may need to reduce the bake time to just 10 minutes.
That’s it, now go make these and let me know how you liked them!! Follow @withsweethoney on Instagram for more recipe inspiration!
Looking for more cookie recipes?
- Flourless Gluten Free Monster Cookies
- Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies
- Maple Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Flourless Double Walnut Cookies
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting With Sweet Honey!
Soft Molasses Cookies
- In a medium bowl, mix together the almond flour, coconut flour, arrowroot powder, ground ginger, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- Combine the molasses, dates, ghee, brown sugar, and vanilla extract in a food processor. Process for about 1 minute.
- Add the egg to the food processor and blend for 30 seconds.
- Pour in the flour mixture and process again. Blend for another 30 seconds, until combined and dough forms.
- Place the dough in an air-tight container and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. *See Notes section for how to prepare without refrigeration.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a cookie scoop, place cookies on the prepared baking sheet, spacing evenly.
- Flatten the cookies with your hands so the dough is about ¼ inch thick.
- Bake for 10 to 13 minutes, until browned around the edges. Cool on wire rack before eating.