- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 3-4 breasts)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes (or use fresh diced tomatoes)
- 3 bell peppers, sliced (I used 1 yellow, 1 red and 1 orange)
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp fajita seasoning
- juice of 1 lime
Place the chicken breasts at the bottom of the slow cooker. Then add the fajita seasoning, diced tomatoes, sliced peppers, onion, garlic and lime juice on top.
Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 2-3 hours. Once chicken is cooked through, remove and shred with a fork or knife.
Add the shredded chicken back to the slow cooker and stir.
Serve immediately with toppings of choice.
- Serving suggestions: fresh cilantro, pico de gallo, guacamole, rice, tortillas
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3-5 days.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 197kcal | Carbohydrates: 8.3g | Protein: 36.2g | Fat: 2.2g | Cholesterol: 88mg | Sodium: 146mg | Potassium: 153mg | Fiber: 1.6g | Sugar: 4.6g | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1mg